It’s the very first episode of the Expat Life Germany show, a podcast about Germany through the eyes of expats. I’ll be interviewing an expat in most episodes. But in the first one, it’s just me as I introduce myself and tell my own story, including why I moved to Germany, the difficulties finding a German job in the beginning, and just how much I struggle with German articles.
Some other notes from the episode:
- The results of the EU elections are in!
- It was a productive weekend! I voted in my first European elections, and did battle against this creeper (which is winning):
- Germany does not like credit cards!
- A study ranks Germany very low for Digital Life Abroad. Download the PDF
- 2018 was the first year credit card payments beat cash payments in Germany for the first time ever: Card Payments Outstrip Cash for the First Time in Germany
If you’d like to be a guest on upcoming episodes, get in touch on the Be on the Show page!